Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Picture Blog: Thanks for Reading!!

As the Vietnam Blog reaches the end of its storied tenure, I feel it would be remiss of me not to give something back to my loyal readers who, week in week out, sit staring at their computers, just waiting, hoping, praying for the next Post to roll out.

Well, here it is, my final Vietnam post just to say Thanks For Reading! In return for your steadfast support, I give you a post that involves little to no reading at all! My favorite pix from the month+ that I spent on the road in Vietnam and Laos.

Enjoy.


The Open Road. That's what it's all about ya'll.
Outside Dong Hoi, Vietnam























Mekong Sunsets. Unbeatable.
Don Det, Si Phan Don, Laos












Buffalo are excellent swimmers
The road from Sapa to Ha Giang, Northern Vietnam

Read on too see more attempts at photography


 
Jellyfish Stalagtite. Not an official name, just what it looks like to me...
Phong Nha Cavern, Central Vietnam
Little Ladies playin with their rocks.
Sapa, Northern Vietnam

I've seen my fair share of hairpins, and THAT, my friends, is one hell of a beautiful hairpin
Hai Van Pass, Danang, Central Vietnam
There are some times of year when you can swim at the base of these falls. Not this time of year... that's a lot of water.
Tad Lo, Bolaven Plateau, Southern Laos

The Light at The End. It's a metaphor folks.
Vinh Moc Tunnels, Central Vietnam
Ancient Khmer ruins in a sun shower. Picture basically takes itself.
 Wat Phu, Champasak, Southern Laos

Theres always room for some Buddhist temples in any photo collection. Especially crazy old ones.
Wat Phu, Champasak, Southern Laos
The World moves by fast. Don't be afraid to stand still in the middle of it all.
Na Hang, Northern Vietnam

I've got a whole lot of sunset pix. I did my best to keep them at a minimum in this collection.
White Sand Dunes, Mui Ne, Southern Vietnam

There's not a whole lot of people left who care to learn to read traditional Vietnamese script
Marble Mountain, Danang, Central Vietnam

Crowded cities offer more picturesque views than you might expect
Saigon, Southern Vietnam



Well, in the words of Porky Pig: That's the end of the blog.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment